Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DNS Updates
Information 

Due to a number of reasons our DirectAdmin server (host01) only had a single DNS server setup for it which caused some issues with people using their own domains so I spent a good portion of yesterday setting up a second DNS server for DirectAdmin to use.

At this time here is a list of the DNS servers for each service:

DirectAdmin
black1.afreecloud.com
black2.afreecloud.com

cPanel
white1.afreecloud.com
white2.afreecloud.com

VestaCP
grey1.afreecloud.com
grey2.afreecloud.com

And for those wondering why I chose these names for the nameservers, it's because I'm colorblind and it makes me laugh when I label things with colors.

Thx for all of your effort @Kujoe.  And also thank you for hosting which has lasted forever and is still as great if not greater than it was the first time I started using it.  Reason I got it at the time was I was at a very high learning curve for VestaCP.  I was totally blown away how you had maximized its use as a free alternative to cpanel.

I notice you're still going for VestaCP, and am wondering whether you think it is still safe.  I noticed discussion at VestaCP Forum of lack of updates since September of last year.  Also some of the staff have started a new panel, and there were also members who created forks.

In spite of the discussions at VestaCP Forum, I'm still using VestaCP and enjoying it.  I use it without e-mails or FTP features.  I loaded VestaCP fresh last night, and it loaded blazing fast - credit to the VPS but also VestaCP script as well.  Hopefully it was a good one.  Smile

(10-16-2020, 04:47 AM)deanhills Wrote:  Thx for all of your effort @Kujoe.  And also thank you for hosting which has lasted forever and is still as great if not greater than it was the first time I started using it.  Reason I got it at the time was I was at a very high learning curve for VestaCP.  I was totally blown away how you had maximized its use as a free alternative to cpanel.

I notice you're still going for VestaCP, and am wondering whether you think it is still safe.  I noticed discussion at VestaCP Forum of lack of updates since September of last year.  Also some of the staff have started a new panel, and there were also members who created forks.

In spite of the discussions at VestaCP Forum, I'm still using VestaCP and enjoying it.  I use it without e-mails or FTP features.  I loaded VestaCP fresh last night, and it loaded blazing fast - credit to the VPS but also VestaCP script as well.  Hopefully it was a good one.  Smile

Thanks for the kind words! Smile

I'm on the fence about VestaCP because it seems to run into issues when there's a lot of account on the server (mostly issues with nginx not restarting gracefully when the config file gets big). I'll be looking for another free alternative but right now DirectAdmin has been running really well and the license costs are really low so I'll be focusing on DA for all new services for a bit.