Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oints and 14 breaks of serve. The America
导出博客文章EASTBOURNE, England -- American qualifier Jamie Hampton reached the first final of her career when she defeated 2009 champion Caroline Wozniacki 6-7 (8), 7-5, 6-3 at Eastbourne on Friday. She will attempt to become the first American to take the title since Chanda Rubin beat Conchita Martinez in 2003 when she faces Russian Elena Vesnina in Saturdays final. Vesnina beat Yanina Wickmayer of Belgium 6-2, 6-0 in just 51 minutes and will be bidding for her second title of the year after winning Hobart in January. In the semifinals of the mens event, Spains Feliciano Lopez defeated Igor Dodig of Croatia 7-6 (3), 6-1 and second-seeded Frenchman Gilles Simon beat seventh-seeded Andrea Seppi of Italy 6-4 6-3. The pair will meet not only in the Eastbourne final but also in the first round at Wimbledon. If he could win only one of the matches, Lopez would prefer to win at this tournament. "Its funny, funny to play the same guy in three days," Lopez said. "But this is tennis, and sometimes these things can happen, no? Final is a final. To win the tournament is not easy, so for the moment I take this one, obviously." Hampton took 2 hours, 44 minutes to secure her victory in a fluctuating match that included 35 break points and 14 breaks of serve. The American had several opportunities to win the opening set, holding three set points at 5-4, serving for the set at 5-4 and 6-5 and then holding two further set points in the tiebreaker. In the second set, Wozniacki struck a dazzling crosscourt backhand winner to break for 5-4 before rain caused a brief delay. Upon the restart, Wozniacki failed to serve out the match and Hampton first held off two break points to hold for 6-5 and then broke for 7-5 on her third set point. After an early exchange of breaks in the final set, Wozniacki netted a backhand to give Hampton a decisive break for 5-3. "I stuck with it," Hampton said. "I think that I stayed positive even though I had a few set points in the first and kind of choked them away a little bit and got down a break in the second and think I was down love-40 on my serve (at 2-4). "Just to get the hold there and stick with it and stay positive was definitely a plus. Im definitely proud of myself." Hampton is disappointed that she has drawn fellow American Sloane Stephens in the first round at Wimbledon. "Its a bit of a bummer that two Americans have to play first round, but Im going to treat it just like every other match," Hampton said. "But were not there. I have a match tomorrow to worry about yet." Wozniacki considered that the match had been of a high standard in conditions made difficult by the wind. "I had my chances, I didnt take them and she played very well, I have to say," Wozniacki said. After a difficult time during the clay-court season when she won just one of her last six matches, Wozniacki is satisfied with her game now as she heads into Wimbledon. "Overall Im feeling good, I feel happy to be on grass," she added. I feel like my game is where I want it to be." Raheem Mostert Super Bowl Jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Robbie Gould Super Bowl Jersey . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. http://www.49ersofficialfanshop.com/mike...sales.html . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Ronnie Lott Super Bowl Jersey . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. Fred Warner Super Bowl Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- The scoreboard operator at FAU Stadium during Tuesday nights Boca Raton Bowl can expect to be kept busy by the high-powered offenses of Western Kentucky and Memphis.The Hilltoppers (10-3) put together their second consecutive 10-win season and averaged 45 points per game in capturing back-to-back Conference USA titles. Even though they will be taking the field without the head coach who built their offensive juggernaut in Jeff Brohm, who left for the same position at Purdue earlier this month, this group doesnt plan to take its foot off the gas pedal.I think theyre going to be one of the more athletic defenses weve faced so were going to have to be able to use our athletes against their athletes and thats really what its going to come down to, said Western Kentuckys senior quarterback Mike White, who transferred from the University South Florida and sat out all of the 2015 season. It starts up front of our big boys. I know theyre going to go out there and take care of business like theyve done all year.Senior wide receiver Taywan Taylor (6-foot-1, 195 pounds) has been the biggest playmaker for White and the Hilltoppers, piling up 1,586 receiving yards and 16 touchdown receptions to rank No. 2 in the nation.The Tigers (8-4) are led by junior quarterback Riley Ferguson, who guided an offense that averaged 39.5 points per game. Ferguson (6-4, 210) racked up 3,326 yards, 28 touchdowns and just nine interceptions but he will be facing a ball-hawking defense that has Memphis coach Mike Norvell focusing on ball security.We know these are two explosive football teams and both defenses love to attack, Norvell said. We want to create takeaways. Thats something that weve been able to do a great job of this year, I think were top five in the nation in forcing turnovers, and thats something thats going to be key in this game. When you do play an explosive offense we cant give them any extra possessions.If we can get them off the field we have to capitalize on every opportunity.---Some things to know about the Boca Raton Bowl:TROPICAL AUDITION? Hilltoppers interim head coach Nick Holt will only be wearing the interim tag for this game, as Western Kentucky hired Notre Dame offeensive coordinator Mike Sanford last week to replace Brohm.dddddddddddd Sanford actually will be in attendance at the game but the players are prepared to play hard for Holt, while he hopes to make a strong case to another college football program that he is ready to be a head coach.READY-MADE TOUR GUIDES: White and cornerback DeAndre Simmons are among nine Hilltoppers and three Tigers from South Florida, so their surroundings this week from the team hotel to the practice facilities and the drive to other events were very familiar. White has enjoyed playing tour guide to his teammates and reminding them why they chose to play this bowl -- the weather. Being from Florida I know what its like, but some of these kids from Kentucky walked off the plane and were kind of amazed, White said. Its going to be perfect conditions, best on best, and were excited.DONT FORGET ABOUT DEFENSE: Memphis junior cornerback Arthur Maulet shared the same sentiment as Western Kentucky junior defensive lineman Derik Overstreet when it came to the attention -- or lack thereof -- being paid to the defensive side of the ball. The Tigers ended the season with a +10 turnover ratio and Maulet came up with two interceptions, two forced fumbles and 1.5 sacks to go along with 61 tackles (48 solo).WATCH THESE GUYS: Hilltoppers senior running back Anthony Wales (5-10, 195) and Tigers junior wide receiver Anthony Miller (5-11, 190) are two offensive threats that opposing defensive staffs cannot allow to slip free. Wales racked up 1,376 rushing yards and 24 touchdowns on 202 carries. Miller led Memphis with 84 receptions for 1,283 yards and 11 touchdowns.SECOND HOME FOR WKU: Western Kentucky has come to enjoy coming to South Florida, whether its to play conference rival FAU on the same field as the Boca Raton Bowl or leaving Miami last year victorious in the Miami Beach Bowl over USF, 45-35. The Hilltoppers routed the Owls at the stadium Howard Schnellenberger built, 52-3, on Oct. 29. Meanwhile, this will be Memphis first visit to FAU Stadium.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oints and a 29-8 first-half reboun sakura698 0 33 02-12-2020, 11:59 PM
Last Post: sakura698